Mum Milestones



There’s so many things that mums get excited about with there little ones, and who wouldn’t it’s your pride and joy! This is about all the mum milestones that you’ve probably done.. they’re not the ones like first smile we all know they mean so much anyway. These may not seem a lot but mean SO much to us mums! I could make the list endless but stuck to 10. I had 12 but thought that was a weird number- lols. Let me know in the comments if you have any ‘mum milestones’ to be honest these will probably happen until they are teenagers! Which is when i will be waking Albie up at 5am with Thomas the tank engine theme tune playing as payback (soz son!)

1. When you Get more than 4 hours sleep uninterrupted- Basically sleeping through the night. I mean when you first have the baby your running on a different type of tired, like the superwomen you are you can cope. But there does come a day when BOOM you need sleep.. your a zombie and genuinely cant function without matchsticks anymore. The first time this happens will probably make you as happy as the day your child was born. Even if they are in your bed and it only happens once IT STILL HAPPENED AND YOU STILL GOT SOME SLEEP to last a couple of days haha.

2. Sleeping through the night in their OWN room - you have your bed back even if it is only until 5am. Who would wanna say no to them cuddles before you have to get up anyway! Albie likes to play tricks and every now and again will have a moment where he will wake up at 9pm if hes not in our bed with his hands on my face and his feet on dads. To this day I wish i put albie in his room much earlier instead of waiting for as long as I did.. think of all them nights I could of actually slept and not had to listen to the sonorasaurus rex at the end of my bed.

3. Getting back in your jeans you had before you were the size of a small elephant. I was lucky that I was back in mine 2 weeks after the baby (Yes they were highwaisted and stretchy!- Still made me feel good!) But that day when you realise you can actually get back in them is a cause for celebration and you want to show off to everyone. You do that you deserve it, you just grew a human and are back in your size 10's, you go girl! 

4. Getting rid of tiny clothes. Alllll the teeny tiny clothes. Why do I have to give you away I want you to wear these forever! These babies grow at the speed of light I swear! One day they're in newborn and the next week there in age 1-2. How does that even happen. I did not want to give anything anyway so its all in a suitcase in the loft.. I really should sort that out. To be honest I did give some away to a foster carer who would make such good use of them I think I need to do that again, its a good cause!

5. Bubs going into their big car seat! It might not seem like a big thing but it is! You can't just pick the seat up out of the car and they're all upright and just look big now! I wish I knew about these seats which start from birth because they look so much more safe and comfortable! Now they can see out of the window so for us the tears stopped for entire car journeys. 
6. On the move - crawling,walking, climbing. We all want this to happen all the time and then when it finally does its like WHY ARE YOU SO BIG, PLEASE STOP GETTING BIG.. Then they start climbing up the stairs, tables, out of highchairs causing minor heartattacks daily. Its such a proud moment that first day then you just want it to stop haha! 

7.Getting dressed before midday and being on time. This is more for when baby is tiny but them first few weeks. Your basically in your Pyjamas for a couple of days you just dont have time to get dressed and stop staring at your baby. But that first day where you get ready aswell as a newborn and get out of the house in under 3 hours and meet someone on time is a massive achievement. I was genuinely so proud of myself i did it for the first time, I basically drove everywhere at 20 mph because the baby was in the car so my trips were definitely made twice as long ha!
8. Eating a whole dinner without it going cold or having to share. Now my child is a bottomless pit so even if he has had his dinner will still want mine so I try to feed him when mine is ready but feeding a baby aswell as eat yours isn't too easy so its pretty standard your going to have a cold meal. Now that first time you eat your dinner and its hot, thats amazing. Mine was when we ate out and I've never been so happy.. Now i try to eat when baby is in bed or distracted by Ben and holly but as soon as he gets a whiff of that food or hears your knife and fork game over. 

9. Dealing with your first poo explosion. I mean this is a big one. If you've never experienced one - when you do your in for a treat. I mean how does that much mess even come out of a small child and how does it get EVERYWHERE. they have 3 layers on and its still on you, the sofa, the carpet and probably the ceiling I mean HOW?! When you get through that first ever one and the sheer shock you become a pro at dealing with this situation even if you're in the middle of Tesco. Its even worse when your cleaning the fountain and the baby turns into a waterfall of pee but thats another story!

10. Didn’t use google to see why the baby was crying and actually trusted your instinct. We never give ourselves enough credit but we know our babies like nobody else and you more than likely now why they're crying and their different cries! When you trust your instinct and your right its the best feeling. Never forget mums know best! - Not google or a mum forum!

Let me know your 'Mum milestones'!

Lots of Love xx 

Comments

  1. I feel like I may never ever be on time again. Especially not when I'm trying to get everyone out the door by myself! This list made me laugh and nod because it's so true. Ah, only things that a mama can appreciate! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love this post. Everything about this is sooo true! Till' this day I will never sleep again and till' this day we are always fashionably late. Cheers to you momma as we both chug a mugg of coffee you're a good momma
    -crown it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one baby, one toddler, and three older children in the house but we still can't get out the house on time lol! Not sure when we will ever reach that milestone. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was right to the point and so true for Mamas. Sleep is tough to get like ever again and eating my own dinner forget it lol! And omg google is our friend but ur right mothers intuition is actually more accurate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts