7 Things About Being a Full Time Working Mummy



It has been sooooo long! I'm sorry for not posting anything for ages, I always said that i would find time because its something I want to do so bad! But time has just run away with me recently!

Now I'm back at work full time I just want to use all my free time with little man! Who by the way is now one! I cant believe where that year went and where it went so quickly! He's too scrummy not to share a picture of! We leave the house by 7am and then we're not home until around 530 so from then and play time its all about HIM. Coming home and getting a big smile when I pick him up is just the best. I've been back for 4 weeks now and as you know i had such bad feelings about coming back, my anxiety was there and I just was not looking forward to it what so ever. I wont lie its hard leaving him and taking him where he has to go everyday but it's not been that bad. You know why your doing it and who your doing it for. All the things you can do and the time I spend with him now is just so precious. And i don't mind a 5 am wake up call if it means I get a extra cuddle! Work have been amazing really understandable and flexible if I'm a few minutes late or Albie's poorly. I think I'm just lucky I have a pretty good manager!


1. DON'T be hard on yourself. Remember who your doing it for, why your doing it and you are setting the best example for them. Someone to look up to! - I certainly do knowing my mum did it. Single, 2 children and working full time!

2. The cuddles when you pick them up after a day at work are the best. You feel like you earned them cuddles all over again. Make the most of them, when they're a stroppy teenager you'll be getting in and they'll be going straight to their rooms with the door shut!

3. Ease yourself back into work. Try a phased return for a few weeks if you have some holiday. I did this for the first few weeks and I think it helped massively! It helped me settle Albie into nursery and we also got a extra day at the weekend before Daddy joined us!

4. Take care of yourself. Have some you time! whether its a coffee in the morning before the kids wake up or a nail appointment at the weekend. Do it! You deserve it. You need to keep yourself sane too and a little treat never harms anyone! I like to get up before Albie and have my coffee then i know I'm ready for the day!

5. If your family offer to help TAKE IT! If they wanna look after the bubs a day or two a week take it. Nursery is so expensive and somehow it feels nice when you know they are with family probably getting spoilt and taught loads of bad habits!! (jokes!) You know you can check in every hour as annoying as it is just for piece of mind. I'm lucky I have family that help out 3 days a week and then Albie is in nursery for the other two. Ashley is so helpful as well if i cant get Albie to nursery because I'm filming or need to be in work later he will always drop what hes doing to help!

6. PRACTISE RUN!! One piece of advice I think was the best I was given was a practise run. How long does it take to get you AND  baby ready and be out of the house by a certain time. We did it a couple of days before I went back to work and we've never looked back. Only one day has gone wrong and a poop explosion was to blame for that.. yeah that still happens!

7. You will probably want to quit. "There's too much to do, you've had no sleep, how will you cope." Come on! your superwomen you've got this! Take them negative days and turn them into good! Use the time away from the baby to get your head straight.. Drink a S**T load of coffee and get stuff done! I feel like the quote "Put your hair in a bun, Drink some Coffee, Put on some gangsta rap and get stuff done!!" is very appropriate. Us mums made these tiny humans we can do anything! I wont lie I had days like this but it always goes back to number 1.. Why its worth it!

So this was just a quick post to get me back into the swing of things, I will defo be posting more often again as its nice to just clear my mind!

Good luck to any mummas going back to work soon, YOU'VE GOT THIS SUPERMUMMY!

Lots of Love xx


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some wonderful tips. I have been home, worked from home, and worked outside of the home and they are all difficult. You're doing great Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great tips! I chose to stay home with my daughter, but when I go back to work I'll keep these in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips, especially number 5! It's a wonderful thing when you have family that can help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I can relate to that and posted something similar on my blog a while ago - warrior moms we are!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts