WELCOME TO THE WORLD BABY A!!




Sorry this is longggg - Being a mum to albie is the most wonderful thing in the world hes like the Ron to my Harry.. yes i love harry potter! - Albie's my best friend. When Albie came along i didn't realise how much love you could have for such a little human that you've never met before! Now it says baby A because before Albie was born i was torn between the names Arthur and Albert so when i was talking about the baby it was always baby A. I changed the day before he was born luckily it was another A!

My birth wasn't a horrific experience like a lot of people said it probably would be. I learnt when i was pregnant people are always quick to tell you the negatives never the positives.. Why is that?! anyway it was an experience ill never forget, the most magical moment of my life.

My labour was around 17 hours and abit long.. so it went on for quite a while! My contractions started around 1am and then i was in hospital by 4am. It was a very long day! Gas and air was like my best friend when i arrived in the labour room BUT i think it was the drunkest i had felt in about 9 months and it also made me feel like i was on holiday in Ayia Napa..yes i know, weird right!

For the first few hours all i had was gas and air and the exercise ball! I wasn't allowed to walk around like most people are because Albie being Mr lazybones decided he didn't want to move when i was in labour so i had to be strapped up! I never thought i would show this picture but who cares, its a memory right!

I know how lovely i look - NOT haha! 

Anyway after about 7 hours of thinking im partying in Ayia Napa they told me that albie had changed the way he was lying and was now back to back and this was why i was in so much pain so asked if i wanted an epidural. Now when i was reading up about different pain relief i automatically decided i DID NOT want this again because i was reading horror stories - you really shouldn't use google as a doctor its not cool haha. After some persuasion i had the epidural done and OMG it was amazing! I was lucky it all went fine and i was able to actually nap for the first time in hours! it was only 45 minutes but it was incredible!

As time went on i had another little scare about 2 hours later they told me Albie had turned onto his side and i would have to go for a C-section. I was NOT ready for this. My birth plan basically went out the window anyway but this was one thing i didn't want to happen! So they told me to get ready and i would be going down in 30 minutes!

When they came back to get me albie had turned back to how he should be and i didn't have to have the c-section. What a good little boy he is! After all the drama he was born a hour later. I felt nothing because the epidural was a god send!

It was a whirlwind but its a day i will never forget. Hes the most perfect, Happy little boy and i wouldn't change him or that day forever! And it definitely didn't put me off having another.. so who knows!!!

My two favourites <3

Hometime!!





Comments

Popular Posts