My 5 Baby Must Haves..




So Albie's 9 months now! HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE. Where has my tiny newborn gone?! He is such a character and absolutely love watching him grow and learn everyday! He's learnt to frown like his daddy when he's in a bad mood with me.. So it starts now!  I cant even describe how much I love this little human with all my heart. So anyway before I get abit emosh I thought it would be nice to do a post on what my baby "musts" are - the things that helped me from the beginning to now!

Tommee Tippee Prep Machine - This was an absolute godsend every 4 hours for the first few weeks. This is like THE FUTURE. There were so many mixed reviews on this but I absolutely loved it. The thought of doing it the "old fashioned way" of boiling the kettle and then cooling it down was just no good to me at 2am. This machine you press a button, if you cant count at 2 am like me you can fill the little pots with formula before you go to bed and then you don't even have to count! Pop them in, fill up the rest and your good to go in under 2 minutes.. LIFE SAVER. I also started making bottles the same way when I was out- I took a flask of boiling water out with me and also some cooled boiled water in another bottle. Did a shot of the boiling water, added the powder and then topped up with the boiled water and the bottle is good to go without even waiting! I mean its not as easy as breastfeeding and I'm all for that it just didn't work for me!  

Chicco Next2Me- Oh my goodness this was another amazing buy! (well gift but ya know!). For the first 3 months the baby actually slept in a bassinet inside the next to me as he was so small it was like we had put him in a double bed by himself. Once he was around 4 months and growing at the speed of light it was time to pop him into the next2me. He slept like an absolute dream in this. I think it was because he could see me and he pretty much thought he was in bed with us. The night feeds were made so much easier as well as while he was in his cot he could be fed back to sleep without being disturbed.. RESULT. This served not only Albie but his mate Shae too!

Ewan the Dream Sheep - Yes yes, Ewan is an absolute dream. The clue is definitely in the name. What a delightful little sheep he is. He has 4 Different sounds which are a vacuum cleaner, rain, harp and a womb sequence which is meant to be what the baby heard when they were in your tummy. He also has a red glow which again is meant to mimic the womb. I think Ewan helped with Albie's sleep in the beginning, he's also a very good nightlight which turns off after 20 minutes so you don't need to disturb your sleeping bubs! https://www.ewanthedreamsheep.com/
Silver cross Travel System - I thought you could just have a certain car seat and then your pram. Travel systems are incredible. This made my life so easy with Albie. He absolutely loves a snooze in the car and being able to take it out of the car and put straight onto the chassis is amazing - I cant shop in peace! So before Albie was born we planned on putting him straight into the next2me but because it was so big he actually slept in the lay flat part of his pram until he was too big. In a way I think this helped with his naps too because he associated it with sleep. Now 9 months down the line he STILL fits in the car seat comfortably and is currently sitting in the big bit. I still face him towards me because I like making sure hes okay but occasionally ill turn him the other way ha! I had the Silver Cross Wayfarer Chelsea (which is exclusive to mothercare) I just liked the tan handle - lols

First Aid Foil Blanket - Yes you read that right.. a blanket from a first aid kit haha! Still to this day one of these can keep Albie quiet for hours. My favourite is when I came home and my dad just looked at me and shook his head - he had been listening to Albie ruffle this blanket, roll around on it and even sleep with it for a good 4 hours! But honestly the best 75p ever, and its good for sensory play!

Jumperoo- This was a present from Albie's nanny and it was very well used! Albie started going in it when he could hold his head up enough from about 4 months. Once he got the hang of this you've never seen anything like it he was bouncing around like banshee. Best way to wear him out though, or if I wanted five minutes to do the washing up i used to put good old Peppa on the TV, set the monitor up and be able to leave him there.. Those were the days! Now I have him constantly wrapped round my feet or splashing all the water out of the dog bowl which is lovely!

Well those are my favourite 5 things! I have put the links in for a couple if you want anymore info. If you have any friends or family that are expecting and your looking for good Christmas presents - I vote these!

Another post will be up at the end of the week. How lucky two posts this week- and you're in for a treat!






Comments

Popular Posts