What they don’t tell you about pregnancy..


So there's no guide to being pregnant no matter how many books you read, questions you ask or how many times you freak yourself out with Dr google, everyone's pregnancy is different. I absolutely loved being pregnant, well after the morning sickness and then until it got to week 40 and decided the baby should be here. I got to one day over 40 weeks and I went on like it was the end of the world and i was going to be pregnant for another 9 months. I still feel like that's why he came 4 days late just to let me know he was going to be a cheeky little monster. That still hasn't changed 8 and a half months on!

I still remember now all the things I read about (daily!)- morning sickness, why I was waking up 9000 times a night and where was my pregnancy glow? and would I ever not feel I'll ever again! So I thought I would put a post together about the things nobody tells you when your preggers! - well what i wasn't told anyway!

1. Morning sickness isn't just in the morning and it definitely doesn't finish at 12 weeks. My goodness this turned me into something like the zombies on walking dead. I would think that I had got away with it for the day then BAM it hits you at 2pm, I felt like i had a hangover for the first four and a half to five months of my pregnancy.

2. The famous pregnancy glow - more like the pregnancy break out of spots and ridiculous amount of hair growing over your entire body. I had a hair on my back, just one. It was as long as the hair on my head and it literally got to that length in the space of about a day. Gross I know but how is that even possible? People will tell you you're glowing but actually sweating like pig in a sausage shop is more relevant.

3. On the plus side you do get nice thick, shiny hair on your head. So you'll have luscious locks while you're pregnant. But sorry to be the bearer of bad news that hair falls out by the time you get to month 4 so you get over pregnancy and now you're shedding hair like a dog! I have like two tuffs of baby hair that grew when I was pregnant and thought they would go - Wishful thinking, they're still there and definitely look like horns when I wake up in the morning, one day if you're lucky I'll post a picture just for the lols.

4. People talking about the size of your bump for the whole 9 months. Now this is where you get good at biting your tongue. "oh your bump is big for 20 weeks thats going to be a big baby!" yeah thanks i know i look like a elephant and you probably feel like you've been pregnant for just as long as one. (fact of the day - 22 months! IMAGINE!!!) "oh that's very small, are you sure they're coming when they say?!" yeahh that's right make me worry!

5. Your other half may aswell give up their side of the bed when the pregnancy pillow makes an appearance. this was my lifesaver through the whole of my pregnancy and after. you literally just want pillows everywhere and you can get these which are the same length of your body. We love all the cushions! FYI- when the baby arrives they probably wont get their side of the bed back!

6. The ever changing boobs with all the pain in the world. Now I'm not blessed in this region so when I was pregnant I prayed for all the boobs. Instead i was blessed with all the pain and still no boobs ha! Pretty much lasts the whole pregnancy until after you get your milk. Thats a wholeeee other ball game which I'm sure I'll address in another post!

7. Baby brain throughout pregnancy and after is actually a thing! Oh my goodness the amount of stuff I forgot to do was absolutely ridiculous! I remember one day walking around the work car park looking for my car for a good 15 minutes only to realise it actually wasn't there and I was meant to be getting a train home - WHICH I had now missed. Baby brain is also a good excuse for when you forget people cant judge you and if they do just cry haha!

8. This is abit of a TMI but going to the toilet this is a whole issue in itself and I reckon absolutely every mum or mum to be can relate to this. So some weeks you may go you know what everyday, some times it could be every other week and it's literally the most horrendous situation in the world. Sometimes I genuinely thought the baby was going to end up in the toilet bowl (I'm sorry for the tmi -haha!). Also having a small panic attack every time you go to loo and then wiping and checking (every time) because you think you're going to see something you dont want to. By the way you do that all the way up until the baby arrives. The thing that got me the most was having to pee every 2.5 hours from about 6pm and when you're the size of a small house trying to get up every time is not easy, especially when your half asleep and the baby thinks it's acceptable to use your bladder as a bouncy castle.

9. Dreaming you go to Hogwarts and you're about to have a fight with Voldemort. The weird/horrible dream situation is real. I cant even explain half of the weird dreams I had - getting stolen by whales, getting lost in other countries and loosing my mum when in asda. Dont ask- I'm a weirdo. I also had a dream I went on a road trip with Christoper Fry in a caravan (who even knows what that is about). They feel very surreal though so you wake up in abit of a panic, especially after the nightmares. Just to add to the sweaty mess you already are.

10. Now I saved the best until last. This was the worst thing for me about pregnancy and i swear to god it was worse than labour. THE SWEEP. Everyone goes on about how much you should do this.. JUST NO. I don't even know where to start but my god this was a horrific experience for me. This is where it all started with the dignity going out of the window which happens regardless ha. Albie decided to keep me on my toes and reduce the amount he was moving so on my due date they gave me a sweep before having to induce me. I definitely think it worked but if I ever went through pregnancy again I wont be asking for a sweep. I'm sure they were literally trying to touch the baby when they did it. I was told to concentrate on the ceiling as it didn't hurt and would all be over. Sorry but how do you expect me to concentrate when you arm feels like it's about to come out of my mouth. I cant even speak about it as it was just traumatic for me haha! Good luck to those who have sweeps (sorry for my horror story! I don't mean to scare anyone!)

Comments

  1. Ohh gosh!! I remember the morning sickness!! and i agree with the sweeps ...hated it...I literary yelled at my doc not to touch me anymore during my delivery(but they had to!!)!! ha ha I didn't see that coming and i was really not prepared i guess...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts