2018.. We are ready for you!


What a wonderful first Christmas with Albie we had! Sorry I haven't posted much its just been all systems go over the holidays and any free time I have been filling with eating and drinking! I can't wait to get back to blogging properly in the new year I have so many ideas that I can't wait to share!
I thought i would do a post on the last year as it is nearly NYE!! How is it even a couple of days before 2018 ALREADY! It feels like I blinked the first time I held Albie and here we are at the end of December already!



This year has been the BEST year of my life. Its been a roller coaster but nothing would ruin my first year with my precious baby boy. I don't think I can even put into words how amazing it has been. Obviously the main reason being the little rascal that is Albie - who as I type is pulling my laptop screen down and dirtying it up with wotsit fingers.. NICE! Wouldn't change anything for the world though. I've watched him grow over the last 10.5 months and its been incredible. If I'm honest I never saw myself as a mum always as auntie Dan. I thought I was always happy with that but I don't think I was because, I genuinely have never ever felt happiness the way I do when I'm with Albie and Ash. Albie's now standing on his own, eating me out of house and home and occasionally saying mama.. what more could I ask for. He went on his first holiday and was good as gold, i can't wait to explore more with my baby boy! 

Me and Ash have become stronger than ever. He's pretty much been my rock this year and the best dad. I couldn't ask for anything more from him - apart from maybe change more dirty nappies without letting the whole road know you have a weak stomach! He always makes sure we are okay and have everything we need and the same goes for Albie's half brother as well! Some people say they hated being pregnant but I loved it and I think the main reason for that was because ash was pretty much by my side through the whole thing! Even at the weekends he stayed in instead of going out and always made sure I was happy. Still to this day he doesn't go out much..although sometimes i wish he would ha ha!



I've made some mummy friends this year which i now call my best and know will be friends for life. I genuinely don't know what I would have done without them when I had Albie and when I was pregnant. Someone that doesn't judge you,share your worries with, questions, experiences and all them special milestones because they know just how incredibly exciting it feels when they sleep trough the night -even if it is only once! I can't wait to see our boys and girls grow up together and hopefully have friendships like ours! I think I coped with my pregnancy because I had one friend in particular that i went through everything with and I'm so glad I had her because even though she was only 6 weeks ahead I could ask her absolutely anything and call at anytime.. and now the boys are so close with their other little musketeer I couldn't be happier!

Don't get me wrong its great to have my non- mummy friends too, they get to become honorary aunties and uncles and Albie is very lucky. In 2018 I will definitely be making sure I have a lot more time for those that were there for me despite everything! They know what you were like before you had the baby and they're the ones that can usually get you out of mum mode - even if it does take a tequila or some prosecco! They're the ones that are there when you want to have a adult conversation that doesn't involve kids or times when you randomly get a babysitter and want a night out. They're that friend that knows if you need a coffee or a vodka! They genuinely care about you and your baby.

I learnt that some "close friends" aren't really interested or have too many opinions and its very true when they say you realise who your real friends are when you've had a baby. Some can't quite grasp the fact that your life changes when you have a baby. The ugly truth is if they weren't supportive, were they really a friend?  But change doesn't have to be a bad thing, i'm looking at it positively and cannot wait for what 2018 has to hold! 

My family have also been incredible and I really couldn't have asked for anything more from them especially my mumma who has put up with us for the last 6 months! They have been so so supportive and again could not of done this year with out them. I'm so grateful I have such a wonderful family and now have Ash's family too. 

I'm going into 2018 with a positive head ready to smash some goals and do my family proud. Happy new year and lots of love!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful year and your family is adorable! Here’s to next year being just as fabulous ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh! I have a little girl who is ten months old this month and this article describes our first year so far perfectly. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts