Being Pregnant - The GOOD!


So I did the “what people don’t tell you about pregnancy” post and I got such amazing feedback I thought the next post would be pregnancy related to. My best friend has recently announced that she’s having a baby and I couldn’t be more excited for the new bundle to become one of Albie’s best friends to grow with, someone he can show the ropes to and look after. So this post is dedicated to her, all the amazing things to look forward to over the next 6 months! They're not in any particular order!

This is my bestie that's expecting! Congratulations Hannah! x

Telling your baby daddy. Mine was done in a bit of a panic over the phone, I wish I had done it differently but I still got the best reaction I could have ever asked for. It’s just the best feeling knowing someone is just as happy as you are! And you’ve both got a secret you know for a little while and can decide when you want to tell people! Makes it all a little more special.

Telling your family. I was a little anxious about this. GOD KNOWS WHY! I had the best reaction I could have ever asked for. Everyone was so happy and could see me and ash were too. I couldn’t ask for a better family on both sides! Albie's a very lucky little boy.

Everyone is nice to you. People give you their seats, cars let you cross the road, work give you special parking places! Make the most of it all it’s the best! Strangers see your belly and smile, it’s just nice things like that. Or they’re thinking “haha welcome to the dark side and no sleep for the next 10 years!”

The scans. Yeah you don’t get to see them at every midwife appointment much to my disgust. Goodness I had 5 scans. I had a early scan because I didn’t believe the pregnancy, 12 week scan, a gender scan, my 20 week scan and then a 4D scan. All absolutely worth it and give you the warmest feelings in your heart that you will never feel anything like. That’s your little baby on the screen! You just want to be able to look all the time!

Dressing to show your bump off. Maternity clothes are life. Especially them trousers that grow with your bump.. mine came out at Christmas. Wonderful creations. I loved showing my bump off in tops and dresses. If I wore baggy things I didn’t look pregnant I looked about 45 stone so stretchy clothes were my fav. Primark now do maternity which is incredibleeeee. (everyone knows this is my fav shop!)

When you feel them move. It’s the most amazing feeling in the world. Even them kicks and punches to the ribs.. even when they’ve been moving for months and you get a kick it’s still as amazing as the first time they ever did it. I remember Albie did this almighty kick day after we found he was a boy. Was just amazing. I miss that feeling now! It’s lovely because you know that they’re always there!

THICK HAIR- allllllll the glossy thick hair. This was my fav and to be fair mine hasn’t changed too much i didn’t loose much hair like some of my friends. It just looks lovely all the time, make the most of it in case it goes haha!

You have to nap. There’s no maybe about it. I spent about 90% of the time napping in the last few months. It’s allowed your growing a tiny human that’s taking all your energy! Plus you probs won’t get any for years once there here! Albie used to kick at night times.. no he’s awake all the time at nighttime! Obvs was a warning! But you need to rest otherwise you’ll be exhausted and make yourself worse! I know full well my friend doesn’t do this so I’m telling you now - NAP! ALL THE TIME!

Shopping. I reckon I shopped from 20 weeks all the way up to the day I went into labour. It’s so exciting though, picking a outfit to put the baby in to come home, baby grows that say I love mum and dad! And then the nursery furniture! Planning the nursery was my fav. I went on for ages about how I wanted it . One day I came home and ash had done the whole thing furniture built all the way down to bedding. Was a lovely surprise and no stress! He’s a keeper!

Picking a name. You just want to call them all the names.. why can’t they have like 7 middle names is that too much? I had the name Arthur all the way up to the day before Albie was born and completely changed my mind! I don’t think you ever really know until you see them.

Your never alone.. and now you never will be. The bond between mum and baby starts as soon as they start growing. The sound of your heart soothes them and they can hear your voice on the inside. You won’t get anything stronger than that bond. It’s just amazing knowing you’ve both got that. Your going to meet this little human for the first time and instantly love them and they will want you to look after them. Albie still lies on my chest now and I’m sure he’s listening to my heart.

All the food. and more food. And a little more. Eat it all! It’s allowed your eating for you and your baby. You want 3 doughnuts you eat them 3 doughnuts. Worry about the weight when you’ve got time to! I’d say if you have any cravings have them other wise it’s gets worse and you’ll just wanna binge when you eventually give in! Plus if the baby wants it they have to have it - that was my excuse for all the chips.

No periods. Hallelujah! 9 month break is incredible. No spending money on Tampax and not worrying about wearing them white jeans! Although at the end all you worry about is them waters breaking or if your going to pee yourself when you sneeze. It’s all fun and games though!

A full detox of bad food and alcohol - Ok maybe not all bad food. McDonald's chips and Coca Cola are the only thing that got me through the first 4 months of morning sickness. But still you try and eat more healthy and more meals. And no alcohol which means no hangover. Although again my morning sickness made me feel like I had a hangover for 4 months. But that passed! This is a positive post Danielle!

The Bump. When you wake up in the morning and your tummy has suddenly gone from you looking fat and bloated, something your trying to hide to a lovely little bump you want to show the world. This was my absolute fav. Getting ready to see those little feet kicking!

I hope all you pregnant ladies are enjoying this special time, and enjoy all the changes that are to come! All you mummas do you miss your bump? or happy its all over?! Has it put you off any more children?

xx

Comments

Popular Posts