Pregnancy the second time round...


So we are just over 16 weeks preggo and ITS A BOY!! I decided to find out for practical reasons like keeping Albie's clothes, things like that. But let’s be honest he’s probably still going to have a lot of new things too.. I can’t help but buy baby clothes I love them. Now to start the list of boys names.. its so hard so any suggestions throw them out there!I thought it was going to be a girl up until the day I went for my scan and i changed my mind that morning! My pregnancy has been different this time but I don’t know if that’s because I’m looking after a small person and don’t really get a chance to remember I’m pregnant. Well that was until I resembled a small elephant anyway, no chance of me forgetting now. I notice it a lot more when I’m at work because I’m not focusing on Albie. When the sonographer told me it was a boy I had this weird sense of relief come over me, I must of wanted a boy a lot more than I thought. Don’t get me a wrong a girl would have been lovely but I know what to do with a baby boy, girls make me nervous haha. I can’t believe how quickly I’ve got to just over 4 months it feels like this pregnancy is on fast forward already! In no time it’ll be October - not that I’m wishing the months away ðŸ™ƒ it’s really lovely as well because when the baby is born my best friends little girl will be just over 3 months and I have another one of my closest friends due a couple of weeks after me. Having friends going through the same as me with Albie made the experience so much more enjoyable and easier and I cannot wait for this time round to make more memories with them all! 
This is me at just before 16 weeks.. Bumping along. Jumpsuit is from Primark.

  1. You can’t just nap. This is a killer for me all i did when i was pregnant with Albie and felt bad was nap. Naps cure everything don't they?! Well yeah you cant do that with a 1 year old, well you can when they nap but I'm sure they sense you wanting to nap too and it lasts no longer than 13 minutes. Cheers bud. My bedtime is now somewhere between 8:30 and 9:45 EVERY evening. ROCK. AND. ROLL.
  1. You show so much earlier. I genuinely look like I'm carrying a small football already. I know they say you show earlier with your second but this is something else! I didn't show with Albie until i was around 18-20 weeks. I just looked like i enjoyed food a lot. This time I catch people at work looking at my belly that don't know I'm expecting again. Really i just want to tell them I've eaten a Indian, Chinese and a kebab and see what the reaction is but I'm not that quick thinking.
  1. You have to do labour all over again.. yes that is very obvious. To be honest mine wasn't horrendous with Albie. I'm more worried about a sweep hahaha!
  1. Will your house ever be tidy again? Probably not. And even more so with a second, I try every week and its messy again come the afternoon. Maybe i can get a cleaner? or is that lazy!
  1. I’m going to have two babies in nappies.. can I get baby number one potty trained by the end of the year?! This is wishful thinking. Just deal with the nappies. I've got no hope of help from Ash who cant change a dirty nappy without having to wrap something round his face for a full mask.
  1. Morning sickness can happen again and it can come back with vengeance.. also with a child sat behind you copying the retching noises.. NOT HANDY.
  1. Another new person.. I’ve just got to know this one.. I’m going to miss it being just us but I’m so excited for us to get bigger. That mum guilt creeping up again. I don't think its every going to go away! But i am excited and cant wait to see Albie and Preston be close to there new little brother. Albie's got a beer partner for life haha!
  1. Can my belly physically get any bigger any quicker? I know i keep saying this but seriously? haha!
  1. People will call you crazy daily.. don’t take it personally. There’s never a right time and if it’s meant to be it’s meant to be. I CANNOT WAIT. I also think it ll be handy getting all that no sleep out the way at once. And all that money I'm going to save on a pram and crib etc.
  1. It’s definitely not a walk in the park but the gift at the end of more precious than anything. Its definitely a lot harder this time round in all different aspects but I'm getting there just got to keep the positive thoughts going and think of the little bundle of joy adding to the family at the end. 
So..What I’ve come to realise so far about being pregnant for a second time: 



Lots of Love xxx

P.s pleaseeeee share some boys names i am struggling!!

Comments

Popular Posts