Going from 1 baby to 2





God I haven’t done this I’m forever! But it’s time to get back at it! I've had a few people saying they have missed reading them and I need to get back into something again so it’s not all sat in my head going round and round! 

Archie Vincent John Knowles finally arrived on 20th October 2018 weighing 8lbs 7oz at 3:30 in the afternoon! (I will write up a full birth story in another post) It was a LONG 3 days and this time I was induced but for me it wasn’t horrendous like pretty much every person and their dog told me it would be and I actually found it a lot less stressful than when I went into labour naturally. 

Mummy and Archie Skin to Skin
Daddy's first cuddle
I was so worried about how Albie would be and feel as it got closer to the due date but honestly it’s been the most amazing thing watching him become close to his little brother and try to help look after him. Don’t get me wrong it definitely has not been easy and the pregnancy was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do but my god it makes it all worth it when you see them both smiling at each other. 

This is Archie and Albie at the same age in hospital, how alike are they!
Meeting their new baby brother for the first time.
The day after Archie was born we got Albie and Preston to the hospital to meet their new baby brother and watching them meeting him for the first time is something I’ll never forget. Albie was so gentle touching his cheek and stroking his head (this lasted 5 minutes before he turned into Spiderman). When we brought him home he was very much the same although he wanted a lot of my attention where he hadn’t seen me for 3 days. It was a struggle as I was in so much pain from the birth and could hardly move. Mum guilt was out in full force because I couldn’t even sit and play or read a book without having to get up and walk around. I genuinely felt like I was going to feel like it forever and never am normal again. Luckily I had my amazing now FIANCÉ (yeahh that’s right we're getting married!!)his wonder mum Bridget and my wonderful mum and dad all helping me in every way they could with Albie so he was still getting all the attention. Bridget even took every morning off work for a week which helped me survive the second week!
Mumma and her boys!

Brotherly love.

Daddy's boy.
We had a few mishaps with not being overly gentle in the first few weeks with Albie and his sleep was disrupted for a few weeks but I think that was all down to the change. It was such a big one we didn't expect it to be easy. Thank god ash was dealing with Albie. I got lucky and did the nights with Archie which meant it was roughly every 4 hours for the first 3/4 weeks and since then we have been getting 10 until 6/7am WHAT A BABE!! Kid absolutely loves sleep and I think this has what’s kept me sane looking after them both. I mean I’m basically running on coffee but it works for us. It’s so true when they say you're more relaxed the 2nd time round. I'm less of a panicking mess most days (don’t get me wrong I’m still abit of a mess!) and Albie still comes first but that’s purely because I can’t deal with the incredible hulk tantrums. Terrible 2's in full force. For me it was true going from 1 to 2 than 1 to 0. Archie's nearly 3 months already and it feels like he knows Albie's his big bro. Albie gives him a good morning kiss every day, if Archie is crying he lets me know and automatically gives him his dummy (well I think he’s doing it as if to say shut up rather than be nice ha-ha) Archie watches Albie causing chaos with a little smile on his face, I think he knows he will be joining him in no time and they are going to cause me havoc. If anyone asked about a small age gap I would say it’s amazing. Being pregnant with a one year old... not so amazing... it’s not easy!! But with kids or no kids full stop is it easy being pregnant? I'm not wishing the new-borns stage away what so ever this time round, I mean part of me knows he will be like Albie soon so sleeping and not being able to move is good at the moment ha-ha. 

Bed time!

2 and a half months!

My beautiful ring and favourite little feet.


To all those mammas whether you have 1 or 5, you're all amazing so stick at it, you're doing a great job.


Im going to try and start blogging more again on here and on Instagram www.instagram.com/lifewithalbieandarchie let me know what you want to see or hear about from this chaotic life!

lots of love
xxx

Comments

Popular Posts